ConceptKCTCS/KCTCSConcept FAQs for Adult Education | Hopkinsville Community College
Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs for Adult Education

How do I get a replacement copy of my GED transcript or diploma?

Visit and follow the instructions to get copies of your GED.

How can I get started taking GED classes?

The first step is to call us at (270) 707-3925 to sign up for orientation. During orientation you will learn about the GED and the Adult Education program here at HCC.

How much does it cost for me to enroll in a GED class

There is no charge for any service provided by Adult Education. We will provide the books, classes and materials you need to be successful!

How long will it take me to earn my GED?

Our program is designed with you in mind. Our aim is to help you complete your goal within 1-3 months; however, it is impossible to say exactly how long it will take because this depends on you. Your commitment, how much you already know when you get here, combined with how much you study and attend classes will determine how quickly you complete the program. But remember, you will never finish if you don't start!

What is on the GED exam?

The GED test consists of four sections. Your skills in mathematical reasoning, science, social studies and Reasoning Through Language Arts  will be tested. You will learn more about the test and what is required to pass during the GED orientation. You can also visit our GED Testing page to learn more.

What happens if I don't pass the GED?

If you pass most but not all of the GED on your first attempt you will only be required to retest in the section still needed.

How much does the GED test cost?

There are four sections to the new GED. The cost is $30.00 per section. If you do not attain the score needed to pass you are currently allowed two retakes at no cost .

Can I take the GED Test in Spanish?

Yes! Spanish speaking students can take the entire GED in Spanish through the Hopkinsville Community College ESL program. Email Elizabeth Gray for full details. Also be sure to visit our ESL page for even more information!

What is a TABE test?

The TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) is used by local employers to test for educational aptitude of prospective employees. A minimum of 10.0 is required by employers in the area in the subjects of math computation, applied mathematics and reading before you are considered for employment. For more information please visit our Employment Testing page.

What do I need to take the TABE test?

The first thing you need to do to prepare for the test is complete the TABE preparation packet. You can download and print the packet by clicking here A PDF reader is needed to view this file or stop by our HCC office to pick up a copy. Once the packet is completed, bring it and a photo ID to the testing site on the day you want to test. No appointment is necessary.

How much does it cost to take the TABE test?

There is no charge for any of our services, including the TABE test.

How do I contact Adult Education if I have more questions about the services offered?

If you have any questions about any of our services contact April Mosley by email or call (270) 707-3925 for more information.